What's the best CD and/or multiplayer today

Just got notice that my long awaited Spectral 4000 will soon be available - at $15,000! CD only. Any suggestions for alternatives at or below that price range?
kocsis
Jack, you kidding? I'm on my worst behavior here. I heard something at APL today that will absolutely blow your mind when it is released. Best digital I've heard to date. Yes, it surpasses the current version of the APL (which we do own). And yes, I admit it, I've started the hype. However, based upon what my wife and I heard today, the hype is well-deserved. Mamma mia! That's all I can say, or the gremlins will be after me.
Guido: I'm not certain just what TRL does with any mod on any player ... and to be frank, I don't care just what they do as long as the results prove worthy of my $550. (And they have on 9 different units for me so far). The combo that I heard was their first P70/D70 mod which went to a gentleman in the San Diego area back in February.

Let me first say that stock, the combo wasn't bad. But once TRL modified it, it had tremendous micro dynamics and stage depth layering. The noise floor greatly dropped and there was less (or better said, next to no) digital harshness. The bottom end tightened up and the stage width went well beyond the speakers on certain discs. It didn't do this stock. Overall, it sounded like analog tape, which if you view my system, I'm very familiar with.

I'm sure that most of the guys that run mod shops only have already worked on one of these combos. Given that some prefer one house sound to another, I can only assume that you'll find one that best suits you.

Boa2: I'm pleased to hear that you have found something that brings joy to your life as much as my TRL SA-14 does. It is truly a special player ...

Best wishes,
Jack
I found APL's website, but what about TRL? Didn't find it using a quick web search. Help?
http://www.tuberesearchlabs.com
Before you hit 'Enter', put a drool rag on the
keyboard.

Jack, no doubt. Happiness in audio is to be celebrated, IMO, no matter what path is taken.