What's the best CD and/or multiplayer today

Just got notice that my long awaited Spectral 4000 will soon be available - at $15,000! CD only. Any suggestions for alternatives at or below that price range?
kocsis
I too am a Bartok fan and love the Schiff recording. Of course I'm Hungarian and spent quite a bit of time in my childhood playing the elementary Bartok piano pieces (mikrokozmosz?)
That's the one: Mikrokosmos, in 7 volumes, published by Boosey & Hawkes! Old Bela wrote another excellent two-volume collection for young students, simply called. . . For Children. Really wild stuff! But going back to the Schiff recording of the 3 piano concertos, I have not heard any players that can render the earthy nature of the first concerto and the delicacy of the 3rd with the same solid realism of the X-01.
Ciao Guido, the Bela recording you mentioned is redbook or SACD? I'm very interested on your feedbacks comparing P70/D70 and X-01; did u had the chance to listen both in your own system? If yes for how long?

Grazie
Paolo
Paolo, the Bartok concertos are on a Teldec CD (0630-16158-2). I have not compared X-01 and P70/D70 directly, but have heard them on different systems. I suspect Redbook performance differences may be minute. I have purchased an X-01 about one month ago and I am 'in un brodo di giuggiole!' My findings are on several threads here on Audiogon. By the way, I have sent you a PM. Saluti, Guido