Behringer DEQ2496 HELP

After reading the raves about this product, I finally bought one along with the matching microphone tonite. Put in my system, eager to try room correction. The first 2 attmepts produced some curves that I wasn't crazy about, but seemed plausioble. Now, all it does is push all the bands above 125 all the way to maximum boost, and all the bands below 125 to maximum cut. When displaying the RTA of the pink noise, there is nop more htan a 15 dB range between the highest and lowest levels on the curve (as if that were small!)Also, one of the primary reasons I bought it was for equalizing low frequency room problems, yet it suggests htat anyuthing below 100Hz not be included in the auto EQ.
Does anyone know why it is coming up with such odd equalization curves, even though it is reading the data, which doesn't look so bad? Also, how bad is the product at low frequencies?
honest1
Streetdaddy...Glad to hear that you are making progress. My room is also very asymetrical and every speaker of the multichannel system is different. If +15 dB caused clipping your signal level must be on the high side.

What is the 20Hz EQ for the other speaker? I would try swapping the speakers...perhaps the problem (need for +15dB) is in the speaker - not the speaker location.
Make sure your speakers can go to 20 Hz. My speakers only go to about 26Hz, the first time I ran auto eq, 25Hz was boosted a few db and 20Hz was boosted a LOT. If your speakers can't go that low, it could put strain on your amp and/or speakers.
And to add to Ecruz's observation, if your speaker can't do 20 Hz (and few can) set that frequency to -15 dB so as not to waste amplifier power and to avoid futile effort by the speaker.
Hi all, I have been following this thread in anticipation of getting my UltraCurve. Now that I have it though, :( :( :(

Why? Here is the message I posted to the Asylum this morning. If an expert here would like to pick this up, either here or via email, I would be indebted. Clearly this thing has immense potential, which makes non-success with it all the more frustrating.
http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/general/messages/426890.html
I had the same problem when I first got mine and managed to solve it, but now I can't remember how. I will try to figure it out, but I think it has to do, as someone on AA suggested, with the overall gain settings you establish. Ambient noise does tend to be greater than you'd expect, at least has been when use the unit in my system. You may have overall gain set too high.

I think there would be a small but enthusiastic market for "DEQ2496 for Dummies." I'd pre-order and pay a premium, LOL.