Behringer DEQ2496 HELP

After reading the raves about this product, I finally bought one along with the matching microphone tonite. Put in my system, eager to try room correction. The first 2 attmepts produced some curves that I wasn't crazy about, but seemed plausioble. Now, all it does is push all the bands above 125 all the way to maximum boost, and all the bands below 125 to maximum cut. When displaying the RTA of the pink noise, there is nop more htan a 15 dB range between the highest and lowest levels on the curve (as if that were small!)Also, one of the primary reasons I bought it was for equalizing low frequency room problems, yet it suggests htat anyuthing below 100Hz not be included in the auto EQ.
Does anyone know why it is coming up with such odd equalization curves, even though it is reading the data, which doesn't look so bad? Also, how bad is the product at low frequencies?
honest1
Thanks guys! The Behringer is awesome but not nearly as much so as this group.

I ran AEQ (or was it Room Corr? question follows). The resulting curve, after I boosted <100 a little, was like a crooked smile. I described it to my friend on the phone as a 'Dick Cheney smile', no offense meant but that's what it looks like. The sound - wonderful. Now I understand what people mean by more clarity, etc. It truly is more effective than upgrading an amp or source. Details are evident (without making themselves aggressive, ick to that), high end is extended (ditto), just better balance all around. Soundstage seems to have deepened, the fabric of the music seems to be more integrated. Excellent. And I am not done playing with this thing.

So... what is the diff between AEQ and Room Corr? I see the buttons of course, but when to use what and how? And are you guys using the other functions... PEQ, etc?
From my understanding, AEQ will set the frequncies to whatever your target curve is. AEQ with Room Correction will slightly roll of the highs & boost the lows.

No doubt someone will correct me if I'm mistaken.

I'd also like to know what all of the other function do. They may be more for professional use.
Gentlemen, I was planning to experiment with the DEQ2496's DAC, and also use it in the Tape Loop, but it appears this is not possible? Am I reading the instructions wrong? My understanding at the moment is that one input can only be selected, and therefore I have to choose between the SPIDF (from my transport) or the Analog Inputs (from my preamp).
You will have to choose your input path. I believe you will output analog and digital simultaneously no matter which input you choose. By the way what do you think of the DACs?