Behringer DEQ2496 HELP

After reading the raves about this product, I finally bought one along with the matching microphone tonite. Put in my system, eager to try room correction. The first 2 attmepts produced some curves that I wasn't crazy about, but seemed plausioble. Now, all it does is push all the bands above 125 all the way to maximum boost, and all the bands below 125 to maximum cut. When displaying the RTA of the pink noise, there is nop more htan a 15 dB range between the highest and lowest levels on the curve (as if that were small!)Also, one of the primary reasons I bought it was for equalizing low frequency room problems, yet it suggests htat anyuthing below 100Hz not be included in the auto EQ.
Does anyone know why it is coming up with such odd equalization curves, even though it is reading the data, which doesn't look so bad? Also, how bad is the product at low frequencies?
honest1
No mods on this unit for me. I draw the line at $350. What it does for that price is fine with me, and I don't require it's DAC to be world class (or even good) to make the unit worth the price of admission.
I am having the "Noise to Ambient Ratio Too Low, Turn up Pink Noise Level" message when running the auto-eq. I have the level between -20 and -15, which is really loud when the pink noise is being analyzed. When I turn it up past the -10 level, it seems to work but is very loud, is this the way, or is something else wrong? My roo is dead quite, and the house is in the country, no outside noise.
Have your pink noise gain level set to -10db, and turn down the volume on your preamp. The DEQ2496 reacts to the pink noise vs. ambient noise ratio, and this has no bearing on the volume of the pink noise you hear in the room. Obviously, you need to hear the pink noise, but the mic is sensitive, and will easily work with 80db of volume in the room. Try it and let us know what happens.
"While I appreciate the EQ features of the DEQ2496, thus far the DAC sounds mechanical, sterile, and unmusical in my opinion."

I also think the DACS are not very good in the unit. IMO the unit is very transparent if kept in the digital domain and output to a good external DAC (I use a Muse 296), but just doesn't really cut it using its internal DACS. When I got the Muse, I was able to quicly A/B both DACS, and there was a very(!) large difference.