Behringer DEQ2496 HELP

After reading the raves about this product, I finally bought one along with the matching microphone tonite. Put in my system, eager to try room correction. The first 2 attmepts produced some curves that I wasn't crazy about, but seemed plausioble. Now, all it does is push all the bands above 125 all the way to maximum boost, and all the bands below 125 to maximum cut. When displaying the RTA of the pink noise, there is nop more htan a 15 dB range between the highest and lowest levels on the curve (as if that were small!)Also, one of the primary reasons I bought it was for equalizing low frequency room problems, yet it suggests htat anyuthing below 100Hz not be included in the auto EQ.
Does anyone know why it is coming up with such odd equalization curves, even though it is reading the data, which doesn't look so bad? Also, how bad is the product at low frequencies?
honest1
"One has to have a background in sound processing, or have a good tutorial to properly take advantage of the
Behringer, IMO."

The longer you have it and the more you use it, you will eventually become very comfortable with what it offers. I was also a bit initimated when I got it, but now feel fairly proficient in its use, and have been able to coax it to due just what I need for it to do.
The longer you have it and the more you use it, you will eventually become very comfortable with what it offers.
Smeyers (Threads | Answers)
I am certain that is true, however the result will be based on trial and error rather than being based on knowledge of the basics of sound processing. It's like learning to fly a plane by taking off and experiencing what the stick and pedals do rather than understanding aerodynamics and the basics of flight.
Tvad...The clipping when digital data from a 16 bit CD is input to the 24 bit DEQ2496 is certainly unexpected. Perhaps Behringer can tell us how they load 16 bit data into their 24 bit machine. If it is truly the input that clips I suspect that the CD itself is the culprit.

In the making of prerecorded mag tapes recording engineers were prone to cranking up the level until a "little" clipping occured, so as to mask tape noise. Perhaps they are still thinking that a little clipping is OK.
Don't mean to crash the party, but I just wanted to add that I've put a DSP8024 between my preamp and the power amp bass channels in a biwired & biamped system with ML Aerius i's, and it works a treat for correcting my room's 80Hz resonance with -6db correction. Since my preamp has two pairs of outputs and the DSP8024 doesn't touch anything over 400Hz, I'm not worried about signal degradation - midrange & treble remain pristine.

The auto mic gain sets to +80db for Auto EQ even when the pink noise level is set to -32db, which is not loud but well above ambient noise. Not sure if this is relevant to the discussion about the DEQ2496. There is no auto level for pink noise on the DSP8024, and there is no indication in the manual or on any display regarding the appropriate pink noise or mic gain level. Still, it seems to work well.