Speakers under $3-4,000?

Have MC2500, need some speakers and don't have an unlimited budget. Used of course. Have a big sub I can use if necessary.
climbmadone
Darkmoebius is right. Room size and placement constraints, etc., will generate more helpful suggestions. That said, with patience, the new Gallo 3.5 could be had at your pricepoint (used or otherwise discounted); it is excellent and (I'm guessing) adaptable to a range of applications, partly in virtue of it's small size. John
Audiokinesis has a new design out in your price range its well thought out and a good deal.
I would buy either Legacy Focus 20/20's or Magnepan 3.7's. Both entirely different, but amazing.
My few cents worth based on your stated amplifier and budget:

Gemme Audio Katana's are great and will fall in the middle of your budget ($13,000 when new for the V2s). I have a pair of these and also a pair of Wilson Watt/Puppy 5s and after 6 months still can't determine which is a better speaker for my tastes and which ones to keep/sell.
The Thiel 2.4's were a good rec., but why not also consider the 2.2's which sound very, very similar and can be had for about $500 (a cheap way to determine if you like Thiels).
Dynaudios are another good recommendation.

I have a lot of respect for Elizabeth, but I am not so sure about the Mags unless you have already listened to them and know you like their sound. I know E will probably dispute this, but I think they are a higher maintenance speaker when buying older used ones than MOST people want to deal with. If you are going Mags, I would find a dealer and consider buying new or at least a later mfg. pair locally (which she suggests anyway).