Avalon Eidolon or Parsifal Encore

I currently own the Verity Audio Parsifal Encores and am perfectly happy with them. However, a long time ago I heared a phenomenally sounding pair of Avalon Radian HC's, so I am intruiged by the pair of Avalon Eidolon's that is currenlty listed on auction. If I can pick them up at the right price I would consider doing an in house shoot out against the Verities and keep what I like best. Obviously, besides the financial ramifications, this is a big hassle involving shipping heavy boxes coast to coast, so before I decide whether to bid an the Avalon's I am interested in any opinions on how these two speakers compare. I listen mostly to small acoustic ensemble music (right in the Verity's sweetspot), and I use 200 Wpc pure class A monoblocks. Any comments are welcome.
edorr
I am not planning to use a cross-over network in the main signal path - I run the Eidolons at full range. I just use a low pass filter for the subs.

I also have a Rives Parc analog bass EQ unit that is designed go into the mains signal path and apply EQ in the 30-350 range. I have not been using this yet since I think it will indeed leave a signature on the Eidolons. I may play around with it first, but in the absence of major room modes that need to be EQ'ed I will probably end up selling it.

I am also wondering if anyone has used any vibration controlling devices under the Eidolons. I currently use Stillpoints on inverted risers under my subs, and have been using stillpoint ultras under my verities (and center channel). To use the stillpoint ultras under the eidolons I would need to put a threaded insert in - which involves drilling holes. Not sure it is worth it. Any experience?
I use Walker Audio Valid Points under my Eidolons. They made a significant improvement over the stock stainless steel points Avalon Acoustic provides. At first I did not thread them into the base but just used them "free style." I have since tapped and threaded them to the base for a slight further improvement.