Quality CD player to also serve as external DAC?

I'm looking for a good quality used CD player for under 1000.00, that would have a digital input, so I could use it's quality DAC in conjunction with a Sony 400 CD changer.

Suggestions?
trubluluc
musical fidelity Pre24 CD...has two coaxial and toslnk inputs and two coaxial and toslink outputs

three line level inputs w/tape moniter, record out

one pair of preamp outs

A/D converter so can you record analogue to digital (get those LPs to CDR)

analogue volume control

same transport as their expensive Trivista CDP

was current product in 2002 and goes for less than a grand used....retail was 3000..lovely appearance and built like a tank
The Quad 99 CDP CD Player (not the older non-CDP version) is excellent for the used price. It has 6 digital inputs and it also has an excellent built-in analog volume control. If you have an all digital system, you can connect the Quad directly to a power amp and forget about an expensive pre-amp.

I've owned the Quad and several other CD players with digital inputs (including one of the ones mentioned above) and I can tell you, the Quad is a great bargain and only gets outperformed by CD players costing a lot more money (at least 2-3X more IMHO).

Enjoy,

TIC
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I did check into them, and I think that they may be more than I need.
I am running a bryston amp and preamp system.
I like having all my CD's in a carosel for organization and convience.
I want a single CD player to sample CD's before putting them into the changer. And I would also like to try a higher quality DAC, than what's in the Sony CDP M555ES changer.

What is thought of California Audio Lab CL-15?

-Luc
Cal Audio has been out of business for ten years or close to that. If it breaks it could be a proprietary part and you are pretty much screwed unless you want to start building a pile of these things to scavenge parts. Some of their transports/players used proprietary transports; just so you are aware!

I am trying to stick with digital products that are supported by companies still in business.
Thanks for the heads up C123666.
I thought I had the perfect unit, but I fully agree,
it is key to buy products which will have parts available. Especially on units with moving parts.

-Luc