B&W 801D or 802Ds

Basically, I would like your impressions of both of these speakers. I have gone out and heard them, but not side by side, and either one would be a most excellent choice. However, I would like to know from owners of these speakers what are the strengths and weaknesses of the 2.

I do prefer the big woofers of the 801D, but the 802D might have tighter bass. Also, I've looked for the 801Ds and I haven't found them anywhere on the used market. Not even here on Audiogon this summer.

Thanks for your time. Looking forward to the discussion.
dave_72
The 801Ds are the ultimate beast of B&W. I havent heard properly the new series but i bet the new 800Di couldnt be pair especially when we are talking about naturality and bass. The 801 speakers are far the most natural sounding B&W ever produced, not just 801D their predecessors also. If you have the oportunity to pick the 801D over 802D go ahead. But the only problem is your room, you have just a bit more than 20sqm which is unnaceptable for them, and you will face many bass problems. I own them and I am building an exclusive 40sqm room for them. DonĀ“t forget the amps, they will sound brilliant with a big Krell like the EVO 600 monoblocks (wich I already own).

Good luck

PS: THe 802D are just ok for your space.
16 x 14 foot room?

Look for a nice pair of monitors or some small floorstanders.
Dave,

I happened to speak with Jack Tozzi at Spearit Sound and asked for you. They have a pair of Signature 800 speakers s/hand for quite a good price. Feel free to call and ask for Jack Tozzi.
Sorry, Lloydelee21, but "quite a good price" doesn't matter when it's not the right speaker for the room. That speaker is just too much for his room.
i hear you EVerest. i thought i would suggest it in case he was focused on getting big speakers no matter what. in my own case, for the right price, i would do it...so i get the speaker i want. since i still rent, i know i could always move and find a bigger room within a year or 2...but in a 1 i might not necessarily get that rare opportunity to get the speaker i want at great s/hand price. for example, Jack did say the last time they sold a s/hand pair of 801Ds was over 4-5 years ago, and they are a pretty big seller of audio.