Help me w/ small towers-bedroom HT/music system

I'm looking to pick up a set of small towers <$1500 to put in my bedroom for 60% movies/40% music. We have a 50" plasma on the wall across from the bed and watch a lot of Blu-ray movies there. Now I have put a receiver in there and hooked up some old PSB small towers which sound atrocious. Thus my interest in a new set. Initially, I plan to just run 2.0, with the option at some point of adding a center. I actually think small towers will generate enough bass for us, so not looking to get a sub at this point.

My priorities are an open, dynamic sound, good vocal reproduction, imaging, work well with receiver power, clear highs but without sibilance. Regarding bass, I am more interested in the quality of the bass than below 40hz.

mtrot
I've now identified a couple options on agon for under $1000 which may actually outperform some of the speakers discussed so far:

Revel F12
ERA D14

Has anyone had experience with these, and any thoughts on these for my bedroom setup?
I own the F32s and have heard the F12 which came out after I bought my F32's. My impression left me asking if I had paid too much. I think the F12s sounded unbelievably good for the price point. Good bass, very articulate in mids and highs. At 1200 You'll have to look far and wide to match or beat the value they offer.IMO that is.
also....revel m20s from.a few years back are vastly superior to f12s....they are large monitors...and in your price range
My first thought was that the Silverline Preludes (newer version, $1200/pr new) might be perfect for this application. Wide dispersion, good dynamics, small/thin footprint, good mids and clear and detailed but not harsh highs, with decent bass but not likely to overpower your bedroom. I think the f12s would be a bit much for this application, and I'd be concerned they don't have the dispersion characteristics you're looking for given their wide baffle (read Stereophile review for more info.)

My other thought was to go with good monitors as you can probably get better sound quality per dollar, and the good ones probably go plenty deep enough for this application. And it may help with your dispersion requirements as well. The other advantage is you can buy stands high enough to not have to resort to cinder blocks to raise them up. In addition to the Revel M20s mentioned above I noticed the M22s are also in your price range (used), but lots of others to consider as well. Another possiblity might be the Silverline Minuets that espouse a lot of the qualities of the Preludes in a smaller package, and at about half the price. LOTS of other good options for monitors in this price range -- moreso than floorstanders in my opinion (Ascend Acoustics, B&W, Dynaudio, Epos, Nola, Paradigm, PSB, Wharfdale, etc., etc.). Best of luck.
Thanks, I didn't know much about the Silverlines. The Revel F12 that was on Agon is sold already, anyway. Now, I've also found out about Vienna Acoustics, and there are several pairs of used ones available.

But, I will check out the Silverlines.