Suggestions? Planar like Dynamic speaker under 2K

Any dynamic speakers I should consider used under 2K that give me planar attributes without its limitations?
Currently own Eminent Technology 8A Planar/Hybrid speakers Probably the best I have owned in terms of detail, purity neutrality and sound stage. These don't have the dynamic punch on the mids and the woofers can't handle heavy HT movies. Had Von Schweikert Vr-4jr didn't integrate into my room and Newform research - Same deal.
jeffjazz
Not meaning to offend, but I couldn't disagree more with you Chandnliz! As a long standing 'stat & planar owner/fanatic - I currently have models from Quad,Acoustat,Sound Lab,Crown(RTR),KLH(Janzen)& Martin Logan , I find the sound qualities of Vendersteens to draw me more than most other dynamic speakers. Of multiple driver dynamic designs I've heard, only my KEF 107/2s sound more coherent to me. I think the care that is put into the cross-over, and the time alignment of the drivers has a lot more to do with the similarity of sound, than whether or not the speaker happens to use a planar driver. I'm particularly drawn towards the most coherent sounding designs, I am also a fan of Ohm Walsh speakers, I suspect for the same reasons.
Having both Innersound Eros stats and VMPS hybrid planars at my house and Vandersteen Signature Quatros at my fathers 12 miles away my day to day extensive experience shows me they are nothing alike.
A 3 min search of my posts will shiw how much I respect and champion Vandersteen but in this case its just not IMO useful.
I suppose it boils down to what aspects of planar speakers one is trying to replicate, and wich is most important to the listener. To my ears, the smoothness & coherence of sound through wide frequency range is what I treasure above most... and this is a trait I hear in Vandersteens as well as most panels. For me, being able to detect cross-over points, is the most annoying aspect of too many "box" speakers.