What are you 'TRULY' Looking for in Loudspeaker...

and system? Have you really studied the options and do you really understand what they can possibly give you in return? I am being very, very honest. I am not at all looking for pedantic, argumentive jabber. Looking past slight compromises you are willing to give up in this journey, what do you really want in a loudspeaker??? Complicated if you are a novice. I would like to hear from some experienced audiophiles. Thank you, Dale.
128x128dalecrommie
I'm TRULY looking for a speaker which my wife will say, "Wow, this is the best speaker you have ever owned, and it sounds fantastic!
I needed my wife's recognition and respect! Many years ago, I bought hi-end tube amp and speakers after many days of discussion with my wife. I promise to her that the sound would be great and we wouldn't need any more spending in audio for many years. It was a big money for us.

When I heard the new sound system for first time, I was disappointed. I was hoping the sound would get better in few days. My wife didn't show any interest for few days. I guess now she already knew the new system sounds worse than old one. My wife was a conductor for school chorus when was a student. She has good ears. I tried every ways to improve the quality of sound. I bought expensive cables without telling my wife. She can't notice different cables behind components. After much more investments, the sound got better to my ears in about one month later. Then my wife told me "the sound is OK now!" I thank her that she didn't tell me it was a stupid buy.

I get the recognition from my wife now. My wife keeps telling me how beautiful song is while listening to music together. To me, they are compliments from my wife.
I thank her that she didn't tell me it was a stupid buy.
I just thought like that. I didn't really say that to my wife.
There's no way I can 'study' speakers so I glean what I can from reviews and try to 'hear' different speakers when given the opportunity (trips to audio salons and at shows). When I settled on my final speaker, I knew it when I heard it.

You will too.

All the best,
Nonoise
Music sounds as real as possible and as little like a recording as the recording will allow.
The speaker should be able to reproduce all frequencies top to bottom and IMO have a flat response. It should convey what it being sent to it and that is all I look for in a speaker. My components should be sending the flow of music as I prefer the sound to be and the speaker should be able to recreate what those components send to it. I see many posts about warm sounding speakers, detailed speakers, resolution, soundstage, definition, separation, placement, etc., but that comes mostly from my preamp. I don't want my speaker to be a tuning point for my system that changes the sound being sent to it.