EMC-1UP SE interconnect?

I am using an Electrocompaniet 1up-SE with a McIntosh 6500 integrated amp. I have been told that if possible run the EMC balanced and the McIntosh can accomodate one balanced source. I would appreciate any thoughts on running the Electro balanced or not and what ics you may recommend. My speakers are Dali Helicon 300s.

Many thanks.
Peter
pgleekel
Tvad, would you be nice enough to share the following information concerning the Empirical Audio mod of your EMC1-UP SE: 1) What parts do they replace in the process.2)What is the cost for the mod.3)What sonic improvements/differences between the stock vs the mod did you experience. I'll thank you in advance.
Teajay, it's been awhile since I had the player, so I'd prefer to refer you
to the Empirical Audio website. Steve has a menu of options for the EMC
1-UP cdp. I believe my mods ran about $2400.

In general, there was increased extension, and a lower noise floor. The
Empirical Audio mod makes the EMC 1-UP very detailed, and I believe a
bit more neutral across the frequency band. IMO, the mod changes the
house sound somewhat, which is to be expected.
Teajay, I've not heard the spider clamp directly. I read about it in the EMC Web site and was curious, so I poked around.

I recall reading several comments here about it and while some said it improved things a great deal, others were not so sold. Also, an audio dealer I spoke to about the clamp cautioned me that it might not be worthwhile. At the time the clamps were sold out and I stopped thinking about it.

I have seriously considered the Empirical Audio mods after reading about Tvad's experiences.

I love the sound of my player, but a few things about its quirky operation have me troubled. Not so much that I'm thinking about a new one.

If I do mod, I will see about installing a digital input to use the onboard DAC to handle sources from a laptop.