Big upgrade

I just installed a projector in the "media room" portion of our finished basement. By doing this, I was able to ged rid of the 50" plasma that sat between my speakers. WOW, what an upgrade! The soundstage exploded in all directions. Most noticeably, depth. It makes sense that removing a large, acoustically reflective rectangle from the middle of the speakers would make a difference, I just wasn't expecting such a huge difference.
ecruz
SHUT UP!!!!!
(I don't want to hear this.)
NA NA NA NA NA NA!!!!

I have a 58" Plasma between my speakers that is not going anywhere for a long time.
And my wife most certainly does not want to hear this!
(Thankfully the plasma does sit back a few feet behind the plane of the speaker faces so it only partially messes up the imaging depth.)

;-)
So where was the TV relative to the plane of the speakers? I have a 42" plasma between my speakers, but it is about two feet behind. I have it as close to the wall as I can get it. Since I have a small room anything to improve the size of the image would be welcome! Always could try moving it, but it is an awkward beast to move.
I have a similar problem in that there is a large glass framed print in between my speakers. My next project will be to install a pull string drape rod above the glass frame and simply close the set of drapes when I listen to music. That may or may not work for you.
No doubt. I bought a bed comforter from BB&B that I drape over the screen of my 73" DLP to kill the reflection. I'd prefer a projector, but I have "room issues."
The tv was about 1 1/2 feet behind the speakers.

I had tried putting a comforter over the tv and it did make a difference, but it was a small difference. That's why I wasn't expecting any significant change by removing the tv. Boy was I wrong.