Bargain Priced SACD Giant Killer?

I think my SCD-1 is very good and beautifully made, but at the end of the day, I am listening to digital less and less, other than from my PC.

So I am thinking about recycling some of its resale value into a turntable, and building up a WAF file music server.

If I were to sell my SCD-1, is there anything that will give me 75% + of the sound on a budget, albeit without the gorgeous build quality?
cwlondon
I have the Sony CE595...and it's wonderful. And at only $150...how can you go wrong?
I just received my TRL Sony DVP NS 900V today. How long does this unit take to break-in and what changes should I expect? I am having trouble using the remote to change tracks. Has anyone else experienced this or is there a trick that I have not yet uncovered to change tracks remotely? Bob
I want to report that I received incredible service from TRL when I sent back my TRL modified Sony DVP NS900V because of the remote problems that I mentioned in my post above. Brian from TRL fixed the problem the very same day he received the unit and then sent it back to me THE SAME DAY. They sent it priority so I would get the unit back THE NEXT DAY. I continue to be amazed at their level of service and they also threw in a couple of their CD's for good measure. Brian called to tell me exactly what was going on and also told me that there is a new mod to this unit that even takes it to a higher level using battery power to certain parts of the unit. I am mulling over doing this to my other Sony unit that I bought for this mod. If anyone has heard this new battery mod, I would love to hear your thoughts on it. I believe it is an additional $750. I give TRL the highest marks for taking care of their customers. Bob
please not another sales TRL pitch....(gaging sound)

if i admit that TRL makes the best sony modded players in the entire world - can you stop the promotion????

how about a "seperate" TRL category under discussions so it can be contained ? i am starting to get acid reflux...