Bargain Priced SACD Giant Killer?

I think my SCD-1 is very good and beautifully made, but at the end of the day, I am listening to digital less and less, other than from my PC.

So I am thinking about recycling some of its resale value into a turntable, and building up a WAF file music server.

If I were to sell my SCD-1, is there anything that will give me 75% + of the sound on a budget, albeit without the gorgeous build quality?
cwlondon
please not another sales TRL pitch....(gaging sound)

if i admit that TRL makes the best sony modded players in the entire world - can you stop the promotion????

how about a "seperate" TRL category under discussions so it can be contained ? i am starting to get acid reflux...
Bob: The battery power really does take the player to another level. :) (first hand experience)

Jack
Mikesinger,
Thanks for your post. I don't consider my post a sales pitch when in my previous post I mentioned a problem I had with the modified unit that I had just received from TRL. I am just breaking in the unit so I can't gag you with how great the unit sounds. Hope you have a great day. Bob
Baranyi, thank you for the response....

i did see your previous post and many, many, many, many,many, many, many,many, many, many, many, many, many, many,many,many other TRL post (get the idea?)...which had did not address the original question by Cwlowdon...

i am also interested in a inexpensive sacd unit and would like to see what suggestions are made...

congrats on your new modified unit....i am sure it is great...

take care and have a great day (i did!!!)

please remember to conserve energy, fossil fuel, and conserve water....and in this case by flushing less and letting this thread turn into a huge TRL dung pile....