Best Speaker under $3K - New or Used

In my other thread, I asked about the B&W 804 but I decided to pass on it since it's a 13-year speaker with a high asking price.

Anyhow, it seems I'm going backwards in building my system since I've settled on a Parasound JC2 as the pre-amp. Now I'm back to the drawing board for the choice of speakers. Any reommendation of a great, balance speaker with excellent mid range, sweet and open treble, tight bass under $3K - New or Used, bookshelf or floor stand?

I listen to a wide range of musics, including symphony, chamber, jazz, vocal, light music, pop songs.

FYI, I auditioned the Vandersteen 2CE Sig. II, 3A, Proac Response D2, Studio 140II, 100, Totem Hawk and Totem Mani 2 Sig.

While I read rave reviews about the 2CE Sig. II, I didn't find the clarity and imaging I heard from typical British speakers (ProcAc D2, Harbeth). It might be due to the set up and gears used at the dealer showroom.

Totem Mani 2 Sig. has great bass and imaging to me. Anyone had experience with it? How does it compare to Harbeth, ProAc bookshelfs? Is it neutral, natrual, accurate?

Thanks for your input.
r0817
Thanks for your suggestions. Magnapan 1.7 and the Coincident Total Exlipse would be too big and tall for my room.
New 1.7 Magnepan.
Used 3.6 Magnepan
Magnepan are an aquired taste.
Many folks love them. Some hate them.
For thosw whom it is a love affair.. the 3.6 is the best bet used right now.
Plenty of good ones out there...
I own magnepan 3.6 i bought new two years ago..
I have had a few pro acs the d15 and D2 as well as the tablette 2000 sig also the vandersteen 2c. I personally prefer the sound of Dynaudio. I have the C4s and have had the audience 42 as well. They have a similar sound and to my ear it is a lot better than pro ac. After all the time I spent with pro ac I have decided I just don't care for the sound. The vandersteen is smooth and boring to me as well. Revel M20 sounds really nice hooked up to a creek destiny integrated in my bedroom as well. Another brand worth considering is Von schweikert. I have had the vr 4 jr and sr and. They are both great sounding speakers for the money. Personally though if I had 3k to spend I would stretch it out a bit and get some Dynaudio C1s.