Harbeth M30 Amp suggestions

Hello Everybody. I am picking up a pair of harbeth M30 speakers. I am quite interested in the Modwright KWA 100SE. How do you think it will drive the M30's? My previous amp was a Mc275. Any ideas let me know!

Thanks

Jon
jjon66
Jon -
for what it's worth, I drove my M30s with a McCormack DNA-1 (full Rev A) and a ss McCormack pre-amp. It made for a very balanced presentation from top to bottom, with good control and grip of the lower end. My only concern with this ss set up is that I think the M30s can sound a little forward and a touch resolving/analytical. Tubes may help add some warmth - admittedly the soft dome tweeter of the M30 is a treat which helps and, distinguishes it from the Super HL5 or the 7-ES.

Btw, there is a DNA500 on Audiogon with the Ultra mods at very, very fair price.

The M30 a great loudspeaker, especially for vocals (my wife loved listening to a Dianna Krall sacd on the M30s).

good luck,
Peter
I really liked the MC275 MKV on my Harbeth M-40.1's. Next to the two VAC amps I own(ed), the MC275 MKV was the best amp I've owned. IME, most tube amps just sound more like music than solid state amps.
I would be looking at integrated amps from the following...

Sugden Masterclass
Accuphase
Rowland
HARBETH ARE DESIGNED TO WORK WITH A WIDE VARIETY OFAMPS.IT'S HARD TO MAKE AN INCORRECT CHOICE. I SUGGEST YOU CHECK OUT THE HARBETH USER GROUP SITE AND READ UP ON ALAN SHAW'S DESIGN PHILOSOPHY. M30'S DO BENEFIT FROM A BIT OF EXTRA POWER. BASS RESPONSE IS NOT REALLY AN ISSUE, IN THE RIGHT SIZE ROOM, AS THEY GO PLENTY DEEP, UNLESS YOU ARE A REAL BASS HEAD, IN WHICH CASE THEY AREN'T THE RIGHT SPEAKER FOR YOU ANYWAY. IN A LARGER ROOM, ADDING A SUB IS AN OPTION. I USE A BAT 300X SS INTEGRATED AMP. SURPRISINGLY, IT WAS WHEN I UPGRADED TO A REALLY FINE SOURCE ( ESOTERIC x03) THAT I COULD APPRECIATE THE M30'S SENSE OF "BEING IN THE HALL." THE M30S ARE GREAT SPEAKERS. CONGRATULATIONS