Do not buy any Sonus Faber used

Sumiko just announced that
"IN ADDITION, SUMIKO WILL NOT SUPPLY PARTS AND/OR SERVICE FOR ANY SONUS FABER PRODUCT WITHOUT PROOF OF PURCHASE FROM A SUMIKO AUTHORIZED DEALER IN NORTH AMERICA ".

What a curious statement . Can you imagine Volkswagen refusing to provide parts for their own cars, no matter where they were bought? I do hope other distributors will follow. It would surely drive the prices down considerably on Audiogon for used gear.
limono
And I will be a destroyer of their interpretation of legal commerce and will support whoever offers me better terms.
Some companies provide a different model numbers for stores such as Sears, and Best Buy. Some also provide different model numbers (various items) for other countries, even when the power supplies will work at 100-240 volts, 50-60 cycles. Something like this might be a simple solution for making it easier on everyone. If you see a strange model number, that would tell you quick and easy. I'm sure counterfeiters can work around this, but they also could mark/stamp it into the wood cabinet, to make it hard for them.
So Inna, are you willing to pay $30K for a $40K pair of Strads, knowing that you cannot get replace parts if anything goes wrong? At some point service becomes part of "better terms".
There are too many ways that uninformed customers could unintentionally buy a grey market product. While the purpose of this policy might be focused on the grey market, its scope is too broad.

Like I suggested in a prior post, I would be surprised if the policy was rigidly enforced. I suspect that it's more of calculated deterrent. The problem is that it has deterred me from ever considering a Sonus Faber product.
When I said "better terms" I didn't mean only the price. In your example, no I won't pay $30k instead of $40k.
But I will buy cartridge from England for 60% what it is here or motor controller for my Nottingham table. Not big money true. Some American distributors and dealers just feel entitled to much more than what I would consider reasonable. Yes, I am aware of import taxes and such. Too much greed and need to control.