Do not buy any Sonus Faber used

Sumiko just announced that
"IN ADDITION, SUMIKO WILL NOT SUPPLY PARTS AND/OR SERVICE FOR ANY SONUS FABER PRODUCT WITHOUT PROOF OF PURCHASE FROM A SUMIKO AUTHORIZED DEALER IN NORTH AMERICA ".

What a curious statement . Can you imagine Volkswagen refusing to provide parts for their own cars, no matter where they were bought? I do hope other distributors will follow. It would surely drive the prices down considerably on Audiogon for used gear.
limono
I’m surprised that some speaker savante hasn’t made a good business for himself specializing in the repair of Sonus Faber’s bastards.

I’m sorry if this is insensitive - I really do feel for you Naxos41 - but I have to ask. Just on principal, why would any member of this community purchase any Sumiko product?
If the speakers are dead, send the tweeter to Orange County Speaker for possible repair. Or, ask Madisound for a clone or alternative replacement. I would not hesitate to get a similar spec tweeter with more wpc rating if it blew. It may be crossed over too low. Jallen
We can service them although we are not authorized to do so and we are not in business to service other brands it is however fairly easy to service replace parts on SF!

We've used similar drivers in dc10audio for several years and even have some old stock in like drivers we have also repaired damaged SF cabinets as we have a similar cabinet construction method.

Please be advised that service/repairs and shipping is expensive.

SF still remains one of the most exciting loudspeakers made even if they have a problem with the distributor. :))
Wow,,, I revived this tread.

Jallen
I contacted Orange County Speaker after Sumiko refused the service. They said no. In fact, as I recall, the person who replied my inquiry basically wrote to me "Sonus Faber, what's that?".

Quadman
Should I contact you at dc10audio? I saw your website. Looks great.

Smit
I appreciate your advice. I think I will try dc10audio first, meanwhile, I will learn how to say "I can't speak your language, but please help me" in Italian. :)

Newbee
Your argument may fly, if SF is exclusively into expensive stuffs. The fact is, their speakers were being sold at Tweeters!!!