Do not buy any Sonus Faber used

Sumiko just announced that
"IN ADDITION, SUMIKO WILL NOT SUPPLY PARTS AND/OR SERVICE FOR ANY SONUS FABER PRODUCT WITHOUT PROOF OF PURCHASE FROM A SUMIKO AUTHORIZED DEALER IN NORTH AMERICA ".

What a curious statement . Can you imagine Volkswagen refusing to provide parts for their own cars, no matter where they were bought? I do hope other distributors will follow. It would surely drive the prices down considerably on Audiogon for used gear.
limono
Wow,,, I revived this tread.

Jallen
I contacted Orange County Speaker after Sumiko refused the service. They said no. In fact, as I recall, the person who replied my inquiry basically wrote to me "Sonus Faber, what's that?".

Quadman
Should I contact you at dc10audio? I saw your website. Looks great.

Smit
I appreciate your advice. I think I will try dc10audio first, meanwhile, I will learn how to say "I can't speak your language, but please help me" in Italian. :)

Newbee
Your argument may fly, if SF is exclusively into expensive stuffs. The fact is, their speakers were being sold at Tweeters!!!
Yes, here i sit in a quad rum because i live here in Italy, but soon to return to the states. I purchased a pair of Cremona M from a local dealer here, but later to find out Sumiko will not honor the warranty even though they are legit with serial number. Ok, fine, i suck it up and hope nothing goes wrong with them. Local dealer here will honor warranty, but i would need to return them here for repair. Now, i see a pair of Stradivari selling for a ridiculous price of $19,000 used on audiogon. Seems legit, good seller reviews and seems honorable when i speak to him. He states he will allow a trade in of my Cremonas for the Stradivari, great. Now i return to the original problem, what happens if something goes wrong. These are 3-4 year old speakers, one owner, but still. I am still paying a substantial amount of money for these. What to do???
Call Sumiko and explain the situation. Call SF and explain the situation. It would be interesting to hear what they both say. You should try to get past the first level of support.
On one hand it is silly. On the other hand, this is a great opportunity for someone familiar w/ SF to start a small repair business. A win-win for everyone!