Itching for an SACD player

I presently own an Audio Aero Prima. I was good to go (and still may) this Spring with an APL Denon 3910, but the purchase of new speakers, cabling etc. may mean a hold on the APL. What is out there in the way of SACD/CD player that will sound significantly better than my Prima, and do SACDs? Mods and used are cool, as well. I just don't think I will be able to go for $6.5k for the APL, and with the way digital is going, the APL may be dated by the time I receive it. Not really, of course, but you get my drift? thanks in advance. peace, warren
128x128warrenh
All I can ask is "why". SACD is so dead. However, if u do have a need to distribute your wealth, I can supply u with an easy "drop-off" point.
Jayctoy, how is that baby on redbook? You got me thinking...Also, anyone hear anything about John Tucker of Exemplar-- mod on the Denon 3910?
I currently (after several upgrades) have a Cary 303/200 CD player which retailed for about three grand. Warren, both of the high-end Audio shops in Boston have succeeded in talking me out of upgrading to a high-end SACD player. I'd just never had that type of retail experience before.

I few months ago I didn't even know what iTunes or a Squeezebox was. Now I'm content listening to the Cary because I'm realizing that the Cary will be my last CD player for high-end audio. Perhaps some of the folks from the PC-audio forum can chime in.
Marantz SA8260.
But you need to compare it to others - in person. I took my dealer' demo unit home - listened to it 1 whole day against the DV7600 - which I badly wanted to buy because wife wanted universal player. The next day I took the SA8260 to couple of other dealers and compared the CD layer to some CD only players till $2500. My decision was made. The SACD is fantastic. Jus replace the stock power cord, which you may anyways do with the CD player you buy.
Warrenh the redbook is also very very good.I dont know
How Dan does it.But it amaze me How Dan can make the
redbook and SACD sound unbelievable.I am itching to hear
a Meitner CDP, to see how this Sony9000es can compete.