Am I going to regret the Gallo 3.1s?

I am not rich. I am college student that doesnt have a ton of money and love music. It all started years ago with AV123.com and the purchase of the Onix SP3/Reference 1 combo. Over the years, I have loved the combo but wanted to move into a more dynamic full range speaker... Years went by and as the Gallos came out, there was something about the design that just sucked me in, making me really want a pair. The problem was, they were just waaaay too expensive. Well, times have changed and I now have the money to finally get my hands on a pair for under 2k. My question is... is it too late? Are they outdated? Is there "something better" for the money now?
vedder323
Tekton Lore an excellent alternative - efficient, and capable of being driven by some very inexpensive, low-powered, beautiful-sounding amps.
Tekton Lore an excellent alternative - efficient, and capable of being driven by some very inexpensive, low-powered, beautiful-sounding amps.
Your room is not too small. Your amp is powerful enough. I had the original Reference 3s for 7+ years playing thru a 12 wpc SET amp -- yeah, it has big transformers and the Gallo subwoofer amp to help out, but still.

BUT, the Stradas are better sounding. I'm planning to use two Gallo TR-3 subwoofers with mine. You can easily get away with one TR-1 sub, IMO. I think you would be amazed by them. Good luck, Dave
His room is not too small, I had Gallos in a room that was just marginally bigger and had a great success with it.