Am I going to regret the Gallo 3.1s?

I am not rich. I am college student that doesnt have a ton of money and love music. It all started years ago with AV123.com and the purchase of the Onix SP3/Reference 1 combo. Over the years, I have loved the combo but wanted to move into a more dynamic full range speaker... Years went by and as the Gallos came out, there was something about the design that just sucked me in, making me really want a pair. The problem was, they were just waaaay too expensive. Well, times have changed and I now have the money to finally get my hands on a pair for under 2k. My question is... is it too late? Are they outdated? Is there "something better" for the money now?
vedder323
Obviously, I do not have intimate knowledge of your schooling and fiscal health, so this is a general piece of guidance...You may regret spending that kind of money on audio when you're in school. How many tens of thousands of dollars school debt are you racking up? Unless you've got a serious benefactor footing the bill, you're going to have a boatload of debt.

Perhaps you are quite well set, and if so you are very blessed. I used a humble stereo through my days in school, which both kept me from spending significanly in unproductive ventures and giving me a fundamental appreciation for the entry level of sound. I flipped gear with virtually no loss of income and found out how much improvement can be attained by alternating components. Later, this was very helpful in the attainment of a serious rig once I was earning, because I knew the sound quality threshold which could not be breached through economical gear and what I had to put into the rig financially to attain the quality I desired.

Basicially, I'm suggesting a little delayed gratification. If you're a true audiophile the desire will never go away and you'll be perahps in better fiscal shape down the road to advance your rig when it's not at odds with larger goals.
01-21-12: Douglas_schroeder

Basicially, I'm suggesting a little delayed gratification. If you're a true audiophile the desire will never go away and you'll be perahps in better fiscal shape down the road to advance your rig when it's not at odds with larger goals.

Sage advice for sure.
While i said im in school and not rich, i certainly am far from struggling with debt. I am in my last year and working full time making enough money to fund my hobby slowly. The speakers will be paid with cash saved up over the last 6 months.
My advice is not to buy these speakers without hearing them first UNLESS you are able to buy a set at such a good price you can sell them without fiscal regrets. (Probably good advice for any audio purchase unless one has money to burn?) I read Srajan's and other critics lavish praise for the Gallo 3.1's and hot footed it down to my local dealers all ready to plunk down coin for a set. After thirty minutes or so, I thought, these sound like hi-fi, not music. So what the hell's all the buzz about? Another lesson learned: don't put much credence in a critic's opinions unless you know they share YOUR preferences. It's a shame I didn't care for their sound because they do look very cool and hi-design fashionable. I'm not doubting their appeal to those who share a preference for a particular kind of sound, it's just that no one product is ever going to appeal to everyone.