Masrantz Sa-11S1 /w RAM Full upgrade?

Hi, does anyone have experience with this mod? It's a fairly expensive and well reviewed cdp to begin with, and I'm wondering if the additional $1950.00 is worthwhile. I tried searching the archives for info and apologize if I missed it. I'd also be keenly interested in hearing opinions on how it stacks up with the popular Denon 3910 mods.

Also, a humble request for tolerance of peoples opinions. I'm not trying to thwart spirited debate but I think it's unfair to expect the standards of professional reviewers.
phaelon
I would say No. The Marantz SA-11 s.1 is a $3K machine for starters. More like $2300 street price if you shop it.
Why would you spend almost double for the SA-11 s.1 when it could never reach the pinnacle of the Marantz SA-1 or Esoteric X-01 Limited Edition players.

Still up to this day the best SACD/CD player is a stock Marantz SA-1 player. Be sure to use a good power cable and run in balance XLR for maximum results. The Marantz SA-1 was a $7500 player to begin with and sets the standard for playback production.

Currently the Top sounding SACD/CD players are the:
Marantz SA-1
Esoteric X-01 Limited Edition.

Too early to say which one is better yet. Because we recently started listening and comparing the new
Esoteric X-01 Limited Edition player. We know for sure that the stock Esoteric X-01 player sounded outdated when compared with the LE version. And the Marantz SA-1 still has it's special place on top . But again it's very critical to have a great power cable and XLR balanced cables with the Marantz SA-1.

Everything else is a distance behind. Do yourself a favor and try to find a stock Marantz SA-1 before they all end up in Asia.

To answer the initial quesstion again . I would say NO.