APL NWO2.5 ?

Though I'm not able to hear this player, I'm about to take the plunge......
Is it as good as some audiophiles claim ?
peterb
Hi Dgad,

I keep seeing each of Alex's newer units as being described here in Audiogon as "blowing away" the previous generation. There is a lack of description of how it is better.

In my first post above, I provided a link to a thread on the APL Forum which contains the information you are asking for. You will find extensive details there by three different posters on 8/27/06, each comparing the NW0-2.5 with the 1.0. And on 8/29/06, a poster gives many details comparing the 2.5 with the 2.0. (With some research, additional relevant details can be uncovered elsewhere on Audiogon, Audio Asylum and the APL Forum.) No short summary could do justice to the extensive comments made in those four posts. That is why I provided that link to their first-hand accounts. Three of those posters, like me, are not affiliated with the APL company. After reading those posts, you can decide for yourself if this is just "selling" or information provided by serious audiophiles. For your convenience, I will provide the link again:
http://www.aplhifi.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=558

Best Regards,
John
One has to wonder if the aforementioned threads are nothing more than a marketing strategy.
Excellent point Dgad.

Puremusic - pointing to an APL forum is helpful but in no way is it objective IMO.
Puremusic - pointing to an APL forum is helpful but in no way is it objective IMO.
In my experience, nothing about this hobby is objective.