APL NWO2.5 ?

Though I'm not able to hear this player, I'm about to take the plunge......
Is it as good as some audiophiles claim ?
peterb
11-01-06: Kelsey228
I find the APL NWO 2.5 very interesting, and feel it must be an awesome machine. But the fact that product is so expensive and info is so scarce, it seems remarkable to me that anyone would purchase one of these units to ever know how good it was. You talk about a leap of faith, a $20000 one at that.

That's a reasonable objection. Perhaps, APL HiFi might consider offering a refund of round trip economy airfare (...say up to $500?) for those who travel to APL HiFi in California to audition the NWO 2.5 player and who subsequently place an order.
I am afraid multichannel is not available on the NWO 2.5 due to space restrictions. We have however just introduced a new multichannel player based on the Denon 5910 ci. Please check our website for more information Thank you , Brent Rainwater CSM Apl Hi Fi
Ackmann00, I have Alex's 3910 with Burr-Brown DAC's(circa summer 2006), and I know you won't be disappointed. He even said there was an upgrade that made a slight, but better difference. I didn't get that upgrade. If you are getting AKM DAC's, they are supposed to be better. If you got tube output, they are supposed to be better than my mosfets. Anyway, his 3910 beat my analog(circa 1992 Linn, Mana, etc.), so I don't think you will disappointed. I have to mention my mantra here. Play with volume. I don't think volume has anything to do with his players. I think it has to do with sitting behind the sound desk, and determining what sounds right. I find one volume, and play all cd's at that volume.
Tvad, you've got to take it easy, or everyone is going to take all of your suggestions(i.e., Alex's offer of airfare, and my power cord purchase)!