APL NWO2.5 ?

Though I'm not able to hear this player, I'm about to take the plunge......
Is it as good as some audiophiles claim ?
peterb
Hi Brent, would love to fly to CES. Unfortunately it does not seem to be in the cards. I have all intentions to return to AudioFest in 07 though. . . may I take a raincheck?
Raincheck it is Guido.
For those of you who are not familiar with Guido allow me this observation . I learned quickly who he was in Denver although I knew " Of " him through Alex and some others on the Gon . Things were quite intense for the most part for 3 entire days at RMAF. Intense became a near panic when someone claimed "Guido is coming to our room ". { The stress in his voice reminded me of my own mouth uttering the words ..." say what ? " when I discovered what a prostate exam consisted of at 30.} I asked , why the fuss over Guido , is he coming to give us "an offer we couldn't refuse? " .... help us with our "sleeping arrangements with the fishes".... or what ?? Guido sounds scary enough but to see the room in a hysterical mêlée was quite the experience indeed.

I stood back in utter amusement as one member effortlessly slid across the floor on their knees perching inches away from the NWO 2.5 ejecting the cd tray as another had already selected the perfect disc for playback. Another dimmed the lights to the perfect level ... laugh , I dare you . The handoff was liquid smooth and within a nano second Ella was in the room. To see this was to understand the level he had ascended to in our community . For me ... it was as if I were John Hurt in Broadcast News witnessing the intensity of his first day on the job. The door opened and .......................................................Guido stepped in . Silence was exploding in the room . A vacuum if you will as no one was breathing obviously.

His ease with himself was all to evident and the moment will be frozen in time for me.

Respect , its something you earn .
LOL, Brainwater. I may have to go to RMAF next year to see the replay ;~) Guido is indeed well respected, but if I remember correctly, dimming the lights was not necessary. Am I right, Guido?
Swampwalker , light dimming not a prerequisite thus the .... "go ahead laugh, I dare ya ".
Brent