APL NWO2.5 ?

Though I'm not able to hear this player, I'm about to take the plunge......
Is it as good as some audiophiles claim ?
peterb
"Buy the best source first and then work back towards the speakers. Only then can you know for sure how up to snuff the rest of your gear really is."

I agree with Drubin & Alex as well. Garbage in, garbage out. Each improvement to my modded CDP & upgrade to Vinyl in my system has revealed unanticipated refinement in existing downstream components & quieted the upgrade itch for a time. After you're done with the front end, you'll ID for certain what needs attention elsewhere.

Also, it's better to compare CDPs to the constant yardstick of great vinyl rather than to a another CDP. Having recently substantially upgraded both my vinyl rig and my modded SCD-1, I'm at the point that the best RBCD and hi-end vinyl is very close to a toss-up. If as reported the NWO2.5 RBCD is edging out great vinyl then it's one hot ticket. I'm curious which hi-end TT's and phono stages have been equalled by NWO2.5 RBCD.
I'm curious which hi-end TT's and phono stages have been equalled by NWO2.5 RBCD.

As reported by the owners, the NWO-2.5 equaled and sometimes outperformed the following vinyl setups:

1. Teres 360/Shroeder Reference/Lyra Olympus/Artemis PL-1

2. SME30/SME5/Kondo IO-J/Kondo phono pre.

Regards,
Alex
I agree with Drubin & Alex as well.
Actually, I'm on the other side, as it were.
Thanks for the commercial message Alex.

Nothing commercial Bob, just the truth and also a direct answer to a specific question asked by Dgarretson.

Vinyl rig #1 (Teres 360) belongs to Hifirabbit here on Audiogon

Vinyl rig #2 (SME30) belongs to Sychdeli here on Audiogon too.

They can both speak up if what I said was not true.

Regards,
Alex