APL NWO2.5 ?

Though I'm not able to hear this player, I'm about to take the plunge......
Is it as good as some audiophiles claim ?
peterb
Thanks for the commercial message Alex.

Nothing commercial Bob, just the truth and also a direct answer to a specific question asked by Dgarretson.

Vinyl rig #1 (Teres 360) belongs to Hifirabbit here on Audiogon

Vinyl rig #2 (SME30) belongs to Sychdeli here on Audiogon too.

They can both speak up if what I said was not true.

Regards,
Alex
Chungted, what is the mystery pre that you found to be detrimental to the overall sound of your NWO-2.5-driven system?
Guidocorona
Comparing the sound with or without my pre-amplifier from NWO-2.5, the former is slightly less transparent and has weaker impact. I will not use strong words as "detrimental to overall sound".
The same pre was a perfect match with my CEC TL-0 transport + Audio Synthesis Discrete DAC. I have other system in my Canada home, using the same pre for Oracle transport + Audio Synthesis DAC. They also produce excellent sound for me. In both latter cases, with-pre sounds better than without. (Audio Synthesis has volume control. I let the volume of the pre stay at maximum and addjust the volume on DAC.)
Please allow me not mentioning the brand name of my pre. It is in fact a very good one (so I own two sets). It uses 6350 NOS tubes for gain stage. It probably is just not matching NWO. I will try the OTL mono blocks of the same brand in future.
I must say it is frustrating when a poster compares equiptment but does not disclose the actual name of the equiptment used in the comparison. It kinda makes mentioning the comparison useless to everybody besides the poster.
I do thussly stand correct Chungted. . . I really meant to say. . . what is that unmentionable pre that is slightly less transparent and has weaker impact than pure NWO-2.5? Per implication with OTL amps, if your pre were Atmasphere, having heard the reasonably competent Atmasphere and the world-class NWO-2.5 in separate rooms at the Denver AudioFest, I am not surprised of you finding the sound of your system with the interpolated pre to be just slightly wanting.