Is good customer service about dead?

I’d like to know from other members of Audiogon how they find customer service today. Not the resellers so much as the manufacturers themselves. I had a bad experience with a really late delivery. I also have a tone arm I bought in a first production run when a setup manual was not yet available – the manufacturer will not respond to my emails. I wanted to audition a rather expensive pair of speakers that were not available in my area. I contacted the manufacturer (from his own website) to ask where I could go to audition and purchase these – but no response. I have however had amazing support from the good folks at VAC and Jeff Rowland.
So I am now searching for new speakers but customer service is my first criteria and everything else is second. I'll be looking in the 5K-10K price range. I’d be very interested in other people’s experiences.
dat1
My word!! That's why we have to take into account the stregnth and reputation of those components on which we spend our hard earned money. There are quite a few manufacturers that make excellent sounding equipment....why anyone sends money to companies that are on the fringe is unbelievable....even if their products may seem superior to those made by solid brands like Ayre, Audio Research, Vandersteen, VPI, and the many more that fall into this top category.
I only dealt directly with Harbteh company when I was buying SHL5.There was no dealer in my country.Everything was fine.No troubles so far.
JP1208, did Vapor Audio offer you any other option for a full refund for the damaged speakers or just the third party contingency offer? After they offered a full refund in the last thread I was shocked to see that they were trying to run this refund through another buyer. How does the company not have funds to reverse this transaction since they make it sound like sales are soaring and mentioned numerous times that they are doing quite well?

I think Stringreen makes a very valid point here. Sending money to a compnay on the brink sounds like a disaster waiting to happen or they have the money and are just playing games with the customer.
Sprks, JP1208 would have received ALL his money back, minus the shipping charges he would have incurred in returning them to us for inspection. That was offered and refused.

Mtruong34, giving a full refund on items that we hadn't inspected first would be the height of foolishness. If anyone else were to buy that set of speakers, they'd be remiss if they didn't do the same.

Finally, Sprks, sometimes, the customer just can't be pleased, no matter what you do. The fact remains that he was offered a full refund, but refused the terms. His part in the entire process would have been limited to packing them up and shipping them back.

Stringreen makes the case for sticking with the larger companies that charge you for their advertising, distribution, sales force, etc. That's fine. But if you don't mind working with a new and growing company here in America that eschews all that extra overhead in order to offer you a superior product for a lower price, well, that's the customer we're looking for.
Stringreen makes the case for sticking with the larger companies that charge you for their advertising, distribution, sales force, etc. That's fine. But if you don't mind working with a new and growing company here in America that eschews all that extra overhead in order to offer you a superior product for a lower price, well, that's the customer we're looking for.

I was this customer so how do you figure my 6k pair of Cirrus speakers are superior? You shipped them with a 1 1/2" gouge down one side that you were well aware of and purposely left this side of the speaker out of the pictures you sent before payment and shipping. Is this the American way to you? It's not the first time Vapor Audio has done this either. It actually saddens me to see you using the word America in your marketing.

Would anyone want to know about a known flaw before purchasing? When I place an ad for them here am I required to disclose this flaw?

Vapor Audio now wants me to trust them AGAIN! LOL

Dat1 started this thread and owned these same speakers in which he sold shortly after.