any one have direct exp with hi-end hard drive?

There are few supposedely high end hard disk drive players.....Olive's Opus, VSR, Novaphysic's Memory Player, Zero One player.....

I find these quite interesting in concept...at least in terms of convenience...but any one have first hand experience?
henryhk
The Nova Physics Memory Player has two webzine reviews out there at this time. Go to www.stereotimes.com and www.positive-feedback.com.
For a printed preview writeup see the latest issue of The Audiophile Voice.
As these reports point out, the MP is not merely a "hi-end hard drive". The MP does not use a hard drive to play the music back. The music data for playback is retrieved from "flash" memory. A hard drive is only used for storing the music data.
It is a unique product. The way the data is read off the CD, the way it is processed, and the way it is stored is brand new to the industry in a commercially available product.
I saw a similar looking deck at a demonstration of professional video production gear. It'd be interestesting to know if they used the same technology (I'm betting they do), and if so, what the price comparison would be. Sometimes the pro gear actually costs less than the esoteric audio stuff.
I was very impressed with the sound of the MP at RMAF. But the interface looked crude and the price is very high. Still, given not only the sound of the unit but the track records of the firm's principals, this product could be Significant.