What DAC to use with a Sony XA7ES

I find my XA7ES which is a stock unit is on the heavy side of sound. Meaning I feel I have to much low end and not controlled. Want to get more excitement into this unit. I can use more detail in the mids and less boom on the low end. I want to try a Dac and hoping someone else is using the XA7ES for a transport and what Dac you may be using with good results.
Any help on picking out a Dac would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave
valleyplastic
You can do better than Signal Cable for not much more money. MAS Signature Hybrid, DH Labs, Goertz, Speltz to name a few.
TVAD,

I agree 110 percent on the cables. The Integrated only accepts Bare Wire and I am gun shy on buying a pair of $$$
Cables and having to cut the termination off. If it comes down to just being a cable issue I would do it in a minute.
I got get a pair of DH Labs and at least try.
Thanks again for your input.
Dave
dadt531@aol.com
Dave, check out the products I mentioned. I believe all are available unterminated, and several, if not all are available with 30 day MBG. I use the MAS Signature Hybrid. I love it.
Tvad,
I will do that, I am not familiar with the MAS but will check that out. When I had my last system ( love to change ) I used Harmonix though out. Prior to that I used many others but another I preferred was the HT Pro 9 Plus.
Dave
Dave,
I have some unterminated copper/silver clad wire in Teflon that you could try.
Lak