What DAC to use with a Sony XA7ES

I find my XA7ES which is a stock unit is on the heavy side of sound. Meaning I feel I have to much low end and not controlled. Want to get more excitement into this unit. I can use more detail in the mids and less boom on the low end. I want to try a Dac and hoping someone else is using the XA7ES for a transport and what Dac you may be using with good results.
Any help on picking out a Dac would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave
valleyplastic
I use Benchmarks Dac1 with Transparent Audio Super power cord.Audio Alchemy's Data Stream digital transfer cables.The result is sweet, accurate and dynamic music reproduction like none before.Not a kings ransom either.This Sony Straight Plays Music...and match it up like this,now You start to understand that E.S. meant just that! when Sony made this one.I will gladly compare My setup with anyone who does not mind getting their feelings hurt because it can't hang with this combo.The list of humbled continues to rise.The ears tell it all folks.
Follow-Up comments: The XA7ES and Benchmark Dac1 in my configuration not only equals SACD and DVD Audio but in most cases,The Benchmark is superior!It's like "being there",the most minute sounds are all delicately separated and are almost "suspended" in air.The inflection of plucked bass and the sustain of the like's of Anthony Jacksons Contrabass is like a Disney Ride.If You are like me and want exactly what is on the Disc. 100% every detail nothing more,nothing less...then I urge You to try it as I have.I now experience the recording on a level I never imagined possible, rather than just listening to the Disc.No other player resolves Redbook recordings better than the XA7ES,add the Dac1,Audio Alchemy Data Stream,AA Power Supply 2,Transparent Audio Powerlink Super Power cord and the worst recordings become almost remastered!Open up the Sony,then open the newest one{SCDXA9000ES},they don't make players like the XA7ES anymore,Sony broke the mold with this one.I own a SCD555ES SACD player and DVD Audio player, but the majority of work is done with the XA7ES-Benchmark combo.It is an audio marriage made in heaven for your ears.
>>No other player resolves Redbook recordings better than the XA7ES<<

I owned this player for 4 years and while I agree it is a superb piece there are many many superior players at this moment. However, when released in 1995 it was one of the finest players money could buy.

Calm down and enjoy the music.
:-)