Analytical or Musical Which way to go?

The debate rages on. What are we to do? Designing a spealer that measures wellin all areas shoulkd be the goal manufacturer.
As allways limtiations abound. Time and again I read designers yo say the design the speaker to measure as best they can. But it just does not sound like music.

The question is of course is: what happens when the speaker sounds dull and lifeless.

Then enters a second speaker that sounds like real music but does not have optimum mesurements?

Many of course would argue, stop right there. If it does not measure well it can't sound good.

I pose the question then how can a spekeer that sounds lifeless be acurrate?

Would that pose yhis question. Does live music sound dull and lifeless?
If not how can we ever be be satisified with such a spseker no matter how well it measures?
gregadd
How about well informed musical? In other words, musical but yet providing the most information of the recorded content without sounding sterile and analytical. But in the end, I take musical, as it is to relax.
I pose the question then how can a spekeer that sounds lifeless be acurrate?

Gregadd

05-11-12

The recording could sound lifeless, thereby being accurately reproduced by the speaker.
When the Op goes out to buy speakers: Do you just go read a pile of specs? or do you listen carefully to the speakers with a variety of music?
If you acctually believe in specs, then the first should get you a perfectly satisfying set of speakers.
Most folks buying speakers do not buy them that way. They listen to them.
In all audiophilia, specs are not the last word.

And oddas it is, PLENTY of audio equipment which has lousy specs, sound great to plenty of audiophiles.
And plenty of items with impeccable specs sound like crap.
Well stated Elizabeth.Who would really buy speakers or a componemt based purely on superior measurements and thus believe an audition to hear them is unncessary? Does anyone rely on measurements to that degree? On the other hand you can buy based soley on how it sounds(within your system) without any idea of how it measures.