Which monitor speaker to choose??

Looking for a monitor to work in a 12' x 14" room. Musical taste range from Jazz, Pop, Soft rock and occasionally, Classical. Considering LSA-1, Ascend Sierra, Vapor Breeze and VMPS 626R---seeking opinions. Must have great clarity, soundstaging ability, holographic and dynamic with detailed bass. Thanks!
a_passion
Owned the Sierra-1 and can't recommend those. Also owned Dynaudio Focus 140, and IMO, perfectly match your must haves.

Focus 140 can be found for $1000/pair or so used.

The Vapor Breeze seems interesting.
Over the last 10 years, I have used the following in a room a little bigger than the size of yours: Ascend Sierras, Spendor SA1, Totem Mites, Energy RC10, Rega Ara, NHT SB2. The source components for most of these years have been a tube amp (Prima Luna PL2) and a Rega Apollo CD player.

Room placement can be difficult, as the monitors are placed on their sides, either on top of or inside bookcases.

The ones that I have liked best are the Sierras (by a wide margin) and the Regas, the least were the Spendors. The Sierras have been in use for 2 years now.

Like most things to get what you are looking for the quality of your source components and placement will be key.

What are you using?

Rich
I have had the Spendor SA1's since they came out, in a room of similar size as yours. I would not trade them for anything else of that size. They do nothing wrong, are extremely musical, image like bandits, and any time I have sold Spendor monitor speakers in search of something "better," I regretted it. So I stopped.

One man's opinion.

Neal
I would be remissed if I didn't chime in here and suggest that you audition the Pioneer S-2EX (basically a TAD speaker with the Pioneer label). Audio Video Logic still has a few pairs left. Check out this review from Neil Gader: here

I was skeptical - because of the Pioneer label - but I went ahead and purchased a pair after auditioning them. They are truly an exceptional monitor and sound much more like a full-range floor stander (except they image like a monitor).
Check with Jim Salk, he was showing a Raal/Illuminator 2-way at a recent show, I think it will sell in the mid-3's, not sure if that's in your price range. So many people liked it that he may make it a standard offering.