Jerry Ozment has a new dac out...

the 34MXL.
128x128tabl10s
I spoke with Jerry yesterday regarding the upgrade from the 24MXL to the new 34MXL. He said that the transformer was upgraded and the components (caps, resistors) were now matched in house instead of by the manufacturer. He said it was a noticeable improvement. What I liked about him is that he didn't hype the product like some who shall go unnamed do. He also asked what I thought of the sound of the 24MXL. It is the best DAC I have owned so I had no complaints but there is always room for improvement. He said the improvements he heard were better focus and soundstaging with the 34MXL. He said no pricing or turnaround time for the upgrade has been established yet and to call him in about a month and he should have an idea by then.

Bart
Hi Guys I spoke with Jerry again this week and he said that the upgrade would cost about 300 to 400. He said to call back in a month to see when he would be ready to take orders. Bart
Update--I just spoke with Jerry Ozment and the upgrade from 24MXL to 34 MXL is still not available. He's working on maximizing the effects of the upgrade while minimizing changes that have no sonic benefit. Unfortunately for us 24 MXL owners, this doesn'nt appear to be a priority at the moment and I was advised to check back in a couple of months. If anyone else has any new information about this please keep us posted.