Describe ube sound vs solid state

What are the charesterics in comparing each of these?
nyaudio98
This thread seems to ignore the fact that tube amps are more fun. There is no question that good SS amps can, and do, sound fine or often great, but comparisons aside, you generally don't "Transistor Roll" to effect some tonal change because you feel like it...many don't feel like it anyway, and should stick to SS amps...my enjoyment of tube hifi is partly due to the fact that I can see the glow and mess with it for fun...although recent tube purchases are of tubes that don't glow as visibly so there's that, but I still have Mullard Flash for entertainment. SS amps just sit there doing their job invisibly, and except for meters (Pass...good idea) there's no tactile sign of life. Also, I think you can get to some great tone for less cash quicker with a good tube amp, but then I like fun.
I agree. Ube's are fun. I like listening to my system with my ubes and roasting a marshmellow on an open gamma wave from a ube. I also buy old ubes and like to put them in to see them arc up and down the glass. It is like a science fiction movie in my own man cave. And then in the summer I go down in my room in my scivies and bask in the warm(maybe I should say real warm)wafting waves of heat pretending to be in an Russian sauna box. Ubes are killer fun. I have to go now and start drying my clothes on my ubes before I go to bed tonight.
Agree with Wolfy ... ube amps are more fun. Look at how much I have been obsessing about KT-150 ubes for my amp. And how often do ube amps blow bias resisters. I say go ube ... all the way. Good ight.
I was gone away long long ime so me girl listen to (expensive) Arcam rcvr all dat ime.

well when i come home i tink hmmm, don't sound right, so i switch back to dem ubes and we watch some shows.

den she says (unprompted, dats important): "BOY, why does it sound so good??"

I go: "baby, it's dem ubes"

Rue story.