Benchmark to amp direct question?

Has anyone tried to hook up the Benchmark DAC1 direct to a power amp? Was it better than via a preamp? Any comments/experiences?
cmk
Bob_reynolds - when I first started modding DAC's I put no additional resistance on the outputs. What I found was that with high-Q or low-loss cables connected, this evidently caused transmission-line type reflections on the cable which could take a while to damp-out whenever there was a HF transient in the music. My theory is that these reflections cause the output drivers to go non-linear at times, which affected the audio range.

If I approximately matched the characteristic impedance of the cables (like you would do in a RF system), the sound improved dramatically at the high-frequencies. Most analog cables are in the range of 75-120 ohms characteristic impedance, never as low as 30 ohms.

There are other engineers that have tried this and reported similar results.

Steve N.
Post removed 
Bob_reynolds - I dont believe that the impedance mismatch and the resulting reflections directly affects the audio band. This is a secondary or indirect effect of some sort. May not happen with tube outputs.
Cmk, this is great info. As my amp CJ 2500a has RCA only I'm wondering if it worth getting some adapters just to try the XLR outputs on the Dac1 directly to the amp?
Adasilva, definitely worth getting adaptors. If you listen to digital only, you have all to gain and nothing to lose. I'd even go so far to say that it compares favourably with SACD and good analog.