KEF Q 900 ....... Any experience ?

I went into my local audio shop today and spent a good hour listening to the KEF Q 900 speakers. I was incredibly surprised by how good they sounded. Tremendous soundstage, excellent imaging, robust dynamic range, and excellent tonality with a very satisfying musical presentation. At $1800 for the pair, they seem to be an outstanding value. Does anyone have and experience with these speakers ?
adam18
Slightly off-topic, I throw this out as a discussion topic, not necessarily a personal opinion:

I think we are seeing a wave of new, moderately-priced speakers that are delivering huge gains from new engineering and design tools plus new materials and manufacturing technologies and, as a result, present serious competition to some of the much higher-priced old guard of audiophile speakers. $2K - $5K gets you what you used to have to spend into 5 figures for. KEF, PSB, Paradigm, the forthcoming new Revel Performa line, etc etc.

Maybe I'll create a new topic. Sorry for the diversion.
Ever since I read TAS's rave review of the KEF Blade, I've been looking around for a lower cost alternative. I think the xQ series would have quieter cabinets, however. For good prices, check out Accessories4less.