KEF Q 900 ....... Any experience ?

I went into my local audio shop today and spent a good hour listening to the KEF Q 900 speakers. I was incredibly surprised by how good they sounded. Tremendous soundstage, excellent imaging, robust dynamic range, and excellent tonality with a very satisfying musical presentation. At $1800 for the pair, they seem to be an outstanding value. Does anyone have and experience with these speakers ?
adam18
Slightly off-topic, I throw this out as a discussion topic, not necessarily a personal opinion:

I think we are seeing a wave of new, moderately-priced speakers that are delivering huge gains from new engineering and design tools plus new materials and manufacturing technologies and, as a result, present serious competition to some of the much higher-priced old guard of audiophile speakers. $2K - $5K gets you what you used to have to spend into 5 figures for. KEF, PSB, Paradigm, the forthcoming new Revel Performa line, etc etc.

Maybe I'll create a new topic. Sorry for the diversion.
Ever since I read TAS's rave review of the KEF Blade, I've been looking around for a lower cost alternative. I think the xQ series would have quieter cabinets, however. For good prices, check out Accessories4less.
Robust dynamic range ?? That's just an easy way out of listening to complex musical structures, less work your ears have to do.
Hi Kr4..... Are you Kalman Rubinson ? If so, that was a terrific review of the Q900, and I have been a fan of your Stereophile writing for many years. Can you take a look at my system, and comment on whether you think these Q900 speakers would match well with the rest of my gear. Thanks.
I cannot advise you since I am unfamiliar with your other equipment and, certainly, with your room. It would be good if you could compare the Q900 with a Vandersteen for yourself.

Kal