Best analog sounding cd player under 5K

Hi,

Im looking for a new or used one box player mainly for redbook. My budget could go up to 5K.
I know and have read a lot of threads about cd players but none deals with the analog sounding issue. Also, not everyone like his cd player to sound like his analog set up.
I can define analog, as neutral(good tonal balance), organic, natural, with a lot of low level information retrieval, inmediacy,with very good 3d image, not forward sounding and not analytical. I think the extension at both ends is not a must. Obviously, It cant be dark or too bright sounding.

I have in my short list so far, resolution opus, bluenote sttibert, apl denon 3910, audio aero capitole mkII, ayre Cx5.
For the reviews and comments on several forums it seems that the most organic and natural sounding is the Stibbert. How does it compare with the others? And also what other should be included in this list?
Thanks
Alan Brain
alanbrain
A I said I own a Musical fidelity Kw DM System, transport + Dac. The connection between the two is digital balanced, and the two are available to be bought separately; however the KW Trans can only be used with the KW Dac. The Dac sports bouble single-ended output, one valve one solid state. To my ears is treble in particular is very defined and analogue-like, and fatigue is non-existant.
Better sounding CDP's may be around but ultimately I haven't heard any better as jet.
Not a cheap option at £4000 (I live in scotland).
I recently listened to the Copland CDA 823 (at exactly half the price of the KW), a nice little player that altough it hasn't got the kind of resolution of the MF KW it shared the same un-digital and free sound.
Indeed worth a look with budget in mind.
Another exellent player is the Meridian G08, very nice but musically leaves me a bit detached.
Hope this can help
mark levinson led the way in digital reproduction for a long time, 1st with some very good sounding proceed dacs/transports, and cdp's that were built like tanks. then they made the first ML-brand dac, the #30, which was considered the absolute best you could buy, along with their extraordinary reference transport(the 31.5). finally trickle down resulted in the #36, #36s, and the #360s dacs, which came so close to the #30 many dealers stopped carrying the "reference" gear. their final cdp, the 390s, is still made and incorporates many if not all of the features offered in all of those previous components. i feel the ML-390S digs almost as deep into the music as many players costing (as much as you care to spend). the HDCD filter is absolutely superb as well; if you like Reference Recordings you are in for a super treat. if they would only make sure the drawer would last for a good 10 years (or they'll fix it for free), imho this compact little black box is/would be very tough to beat.
Alanbrain - Very interested in reading your report about the UDP-1 Deluxe. What is different about the Deluxe versus the original version?
If you can find a lightly used Audio Aero Capitole, buy it. Especially if it is the latest version with the analog passthru.

I own one and it always gets great reviews in audiogon circles. This unit will step aside on occasion whenever someone comes out with another 'wow' product, like EMM and then when the dust settles the Audio Aero comes bouncing back in favor.

This is not to say that the EMM is inferior, just that a used AA Capitole fits your budget and few would argue against it.
by the way what difference does it make what the best sounding cd player is under $5000, if there is a best sounding cd player under $5000, or if there is a "best" sounding cd player at any price ?

suppose someone doesn't like the best sounding cd player under $5000 ? such a quest is quixotic. it accomplishes nothing.

it's like asking for a recommendation for the best wife ?

there is no best wife and there is no best sounding cd player, or amp, or speaker. there is no best component and there is no best stereo system.

all there is is one's preferred component which may not be the best, but who cares.

what is important is trying to help someone find a cd player having the performance he or she desires.

i am going through this process right now, looking for a cd player and preamp, as i have indicated in previous posts.

i am not looking for the best cd player. i would not recognize it even if i heard it. all i want is a cd player that i like.

i have indicated my sonic preferences and have gotten some suggestions. i am thankful for the suggestions. i wish i could listen to 50 cd players in my own system. unfortuantely, some of the players i would like to hear are not yet available.

yes, i am listening to the melody and will be reviewing it.
i am reluctant to comment on it now, until i have submitted my review, ditto the lector .6 .

let's ignore the urge to use the word "better" or "best" and instead focus on what is satisfying to our ears.