Heard the Abbingdon Music research CD player?

I am looking for anyone who might have heard this player at CES or at the London show. Is it a giant killer with its matching amp? Bob
128x128baranyi
As a new AMR dealer anxiously awaiting my CD 77, I have the same feelings as Essential audio, and I have been in the industry for over 20 years! There are many people who are hailing the AMR as a true breakthrough, in both performance and price!

I do agree with Audiofeil that build quality alone does not mean that the AMR is that good, but there are many people that are really excited about this line and reviewers that I respect who have heard this player, are the same ones that are as excited as the dealers!

The importer told me the story about one of his customers who tried the AMR vs many of the other reference cd playback systems out there and the AMR bettered all of them and low and behold the very same gentleman chimed in with the very same findings and low and behold he bought one.

I have allways believed that engineering and build quality may lead the path to great sound, and I have studied the AMR's build quality in great detail and I have to believe that this is one of the most exciting products I have ever come across so yes I am excited, I am excited to be able to offer my customers the sound quality of a $20,000.00 to $30,000.00 digital front end for $8,500.00 and one that is stunning to look at and luxurious in feel and execution this is why AMR is going to be a break though line for now and in the future!
>>this is why AMR is going to be a break though line for now and in the future<<

Edsel
8 track
Corvair
Beta
Satellite Radio
Saccharine
Diesel powered cars
Menudo
Jimmy Carter

Get the point?
Well well,
we have three dealers who have AMR77 players coming and none of them are willing to send them to me first!!To say that I am hurt is an understatement-Cheers Dennis
What Audiofeil said, with few exceptions. And let's not forget New Coke and "640K RAM ought to be enough for anyone."

Come on Audiofeil and Essential you guys are both going to be dealers and you are questioning "breakthrough" in what AMR is offering? Then why are you going to sell it?

If an $8,500.00 expensive but still affordable CD player can better $20,000-$30,000.00 front ends and is chock full of innovative engineering isn't that a breakthrough?

If you don't believe in the merits of the products you are selling than why be in this industry? No one needs this stuff we sell it, own it, dream about it because we love these hand made works of audio art and are thrilled to get close to the art form which music is.

There have been true breakthrough companies in this industry some have created bold and exciting new technologies while others have raised the bar for sound quality and engineering at lower price points.

The sad thing with the industry is that we are not enrolling new younger buyers into the hobby and spreading the passion about what real music reproduction is all about!

If we don't get SOME new blood into the business we will all be dead so it won't matter if AMR is better than new Coke, just like new Coke we will all be gone!

I will step down from my soap box now, I would welcome constructive ways we can bring new listeners into our shops and spread the world that there is a real alternative to the dreaded B*SE and B*ng and Olf**en's and mass market crap and IPlod's and stuff.