Cary 303/300 VS. Resolution Audio Opus 21???

I am in the market for a new CD player that can directly connect to my amp. I don't own a pre-amp and I only listen to CD's. SACD/DVD-Audio is not important to me as I own none of the software.

Which of these 2 CD players is better in your opinion?
duckgoo
I have owned the Opus 21 and the AA Capitole MKII. I personally liked the Opus better, it was just as analog sounding but with better dynamics. Just my opinion... With that being said, I have never heard anyone compare the Cary 303 to the AA, so this would be a no brainer to me....Opus 21
I remember reading reviews (stereophile I think) that stated the Cary 303/300 was forward sounding, even with tubes. Having said that, I would go for the Opus if analog-like is your goal.
I have owned both and Portugal and Tpk have it correct. The Cary is more forward (not a bad thing if that's what you want/need) but for dynamics and more "analog-like" sound, it's the Opus. The other nice thing about the Opus, is if you decide someday to invest the money for the GNSC Reference mods, it takes a great player to a whole other level.

See the 5 player shootout thread here on A'Gon, the GNSC Opus was compared with 4 players that are considered elite, and run 3-4x the cost of a modded Opus, pretty good compliment to be considered with that crowd.