12' x 14' room; $10k budget for speakers; help

Associated equipment:
ARC amp & preamp; VPI table W/Soundsmith; Cary SACD; Magnum Dynalab tuner; Nordost cables; Silverline Sonatina II speakers

Performance preferences:
Non fatiguing; able to handle the dynamics of classical orchestra; articulate (it would be great to understand what Ricky Lee Jones is singing); bass to 40Hz

Listening preferences:
I grew up in New Orleans in the 50's; went to college in the 60's; worked for the opera in the 70's; & have worked in a modern jazz club since the 80's
I listen to old R&B; psychedelic rock; modern jazz; some classical & Broadway.

The system is setup in a smallish room (12w x 14l x 10h) dedicated to 2 channel stereo. The speaker need to be on the 12' wall.
There are only two local high end dealers so there are few speakers to audition. I travel some & am willing to audition away from home.

Your input is greatly appreciated.
maxh
Roscoe has it right about the Dspeaker Dual Core 2.0. I never thought my system could sound so good. Look into Shelby + Kroll Nano Monitors and A Woofer Monitor. The whole package, Dual Core and speakers, will run you about 4k including stands. You won't believe your ears! :-)

Good Luck

Having lived with the Silverline Ref17, serial Dynaudios, Green Mountain Europa Max, and others I've finally settled on the Marten Design Dukes (with a sub for full orchestra recordings). With ceramic drivers they are very responsive and can handle anything I throw at them. They'll run you about $8000 and I would spend the rest on Crimson Music Link speaker cables and interconnects.
Maxh

Salk Sounds makes some fabulous speakers, tonally balanced, dynamic, exquisite detail,etc

The SS8 at $8k are probably the biggest sound for the dollar in audio.
Jim also does custom finishes, his woodwork finishes are impeccable
They also have smaller models as well

Salksound.com

And their audiocircle discussion board
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=82

Do you still live in New Orleans?
I'd be more than happy to have you over to hear the Salk's bigger ss10 brother, same mid, tweeter drivers
Oops

Busted link

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=82

Salk audio circle

Soundscape 8, ht3 and ht2-tl all great speakers