Mountain

Has this title ever been released on an Audiophile (or higher quality import) CD or vinyl?
fatparrot
An anthem of 70´s indeed it is!!!!!!!!
As many others this was a lone hit group agree with Bob it still rocks!!!
Has anybody found anything good quality remastering about Heart, what about any DVD in concert it't nice for us over 35 with some memory when rock was rock.....
I might be mistaken, but I believe Nantucket Sleighride was an album by a band called Seatrain. Mississippi Queen is on Mountain's Mountain Climbing album.
I believe that there is currently a listing on Ebay for a Japanese pressing of Mountain "Climbing." This may be the closest one gets to an "audiophile" copy. "Mississippi Queen" sure was a standard with the group I used to hang out with in high school, along with Skynyrd etc -- but then we were in Kentucky.....
It was a standard right here in NYC, Leslie West is from the New York area. Nantucket Sleigh Ride was a song on one of Mountain's albums. I was fortunate to have seen them play more than a few times. West's tone was incredible, reminding me of Sonny Rollins. They were able to use West's size as a gimmick, but I suspect that poor health was in large part at the root of their departure, not any lack of chops or talent.
Indeed, Nantucket Sleighride is the name of the album (1971 release). I have it on BGO records; have never seen an audiophile version.
Cheers!