Dunlavy SC4 Speakers

Does anyone know what the value of a used set of Dunlavy SC4 speakers would be? These are the original SC4's early run I believe. The reason for the question is that I have a line on a set and I'm willing to pay fair market value which often is determined by a speakers popularity and not actual worth. I'm trying to determine a base line price with the seller without out getting into these are the best speakers ever made and that makes them worth a million bucks!

Thanks!
2channeljunkie
There will always be a following for Dunlavy SCIV.
The value is determined by condition, type of wood finish and whether the speakers can be shipped.
Rrog. Thanks for the response the speakers are finished in black oak. no shipping as they are part of another deal that my audio store I shop at locally has put together. If we make a deal the speakers would be dropped off at my door step. The speakers are in excellent condition from seeing them and from the demo that I had. Does this give any indication of what's the most I dhould be willing to pay.
There was a pair of Rosewood SCIV speakers for sale here on Audiogon this past summer for $2700.00 from a dealer (traded in).

http://app.audiogon.com/listings/dunlavy-sc4

I have seen other pairs on here for between $2200-$3000. The black ones would not be worth as much as the more exotic wood types, given that the condition of the speakers are close to the same.

IMHO, I would pay maybe $2000-$2200 for a pair of black ones. Of course, this is just my opinion. Also, there is value in the delivery and trade-up/trade-in policy of your dealer, (if they have one).
I would pay 1800-2000. I've heard of driver failures and its a real headache so there is a little risk involved. I've had a pair and personally unless you like the size I think you can do better. For as big as they are the bass is quite weak at least it was in my room. The 5 and 6s are a whole other story.
Thanks for the response. Ejlif I know that there are better speakers out there either at a higher price or lower price range. The SCIV are on the radar due to the price $1,500.00 dollars no shipping dropped off at my door. How disapointing is the bass in these speakers and do they require subs? I have seen other speakers in this price range but not locally. Which means I have to add on 300 to 400 doallars for shipping which then exceeds my budget. The SCIV's look apealing due to this fact. If there are a better set of speakers locally in the Columbus area please chime in.

Thanks.