Dunlavy SC4 Speakers

Does anyone know what the value of a used set of Dunlavy SC4 speakers would be? These are the original SC4's early run I believe. The reason for the question is that I have a line on a set and I'm willing to pay fair market value which often is determined by a speakers popularity and not actual worth. I'm trying to determine a base line price with the seller without out getting into these are the best speakers ever made and that makes them worth a million bucks!

Thanks!
2channeljunkie
Jeffga, Sounds like you and a few others agree that these need to be set up on the long wall to get better imaging?
I think 1500 is a great deal and what a heck or a speaker for that price but you do have to almost like the fact that they are so huge. They are impressive but the bass is lacking for the the size is all I'm saying. I may have never gotten them set up just right as they are supposed to go on the long wall and I couldn't do that. It's not like they don't have more bass than much smaller speakers but for the size it's weak. The Von schweikert vr4 jrs did better in my room and are 1/4 th the size. I don't like a speaker that big personally so if something is going to dominate the room like those do then it better but out some serious bass in my opinion. If that is not an issue for you then it sounds like a good deal. You could probably sell for more than that if you don't like.
For $1500, delivered, if you have a room big enough for them and can take their size they're a good deal. The original SC IV actually listed for $4,000 a pair, as I recall (my dealer was among the first to carry them, and I remember being surprised at the price given the price for the similar Duntech Princesses I owned at the time), and 40% of list for something of that age and quality is about right, IMHO. I wouldn't worry too much about the bass extension on them, either, given your subs. Assuming your room acoustics don't create problems, I think you'll find the quality of the bass will overshadow the lack of ultimate extension.
2channeljunkie, The Dunlavy SCIV is a great speaker, one of the best ever. This is not a near field speaker. Because of the wide span of the drivers you will need to be the proper distance from the speakers for the drivers to blend properly. So, you will need a larger than average room to get the best sound. Ignore the comments about brittle or bright sound. These are not Dunlavy characteristics. I have used these speakers on long and short walls with excellent results, but they need to be set up properly. I was recently offered SCIVs in rosewood for $2,000. I think rosewood is more desirable than black.
Rrog, Agreed I wish they were anything but black. I hate black speakers. But for the price and what I'm getting I guess I can't complain. I should have no issues with the drivers blending as I don't often sit in my sweet spot and listen to music. I'm more of an active music listener. By this I mean I typically am listening to my music while cleaning the house, cooking, or doing laundry.