Dunlavy SC4 Speakers

Does anyone know what the value of a used set of Dunlavy SC4 speakers would be? These are the original SC4's early run I believe. The reason for the question is that I have a line on a set and I'm willing to pay fair market value which often is determined by a speakers popularity and not actual worth. I'm trying to determine a base line price with the seller without out getting into these are the best speakers ever made and that makes them worth a million bucks!

Thanks!
2channeljunkie
Our shop here sells a lot of vintage gear and if they were selling such a pair of speakers they would have them repaired first, then sell them too you. Otherwise, you should decide how much money you are willing to throw away if you can't get them properly repaired.

I would walk away from this deal and not look back, and go spend my time and money getting a pair of speakers that actually work.

And why are the tweeters blown? Are you sure they don't have other issues?
Reynolds853 The dealer took them in as part of an estate sale with a lot of other high end audio gear mostly Spectral gear. The Dunlavy's were part of the estate sale. My sales guy and close friend made me aware of the SCIV's because he has been looking for me some speakers for some time due to my budget and wanting to upgrade this process has taking some time.

Turns out the dealer will have the tweeters replaced and the speakers gone over prior to me taking delivery of the speakers. They will also keep the deal at the agreed upon $1500.00 and drop off and set up the speakers at my home.
2cj, I've heard various stories about John Dunlavy tuning crossovers with parts selection to match his chosen drivers. Also stories about frequency response records being kept by serial number for reference with future driver replacement. Unfortunately with John's passing and the end of DAL I don't know what good any of that would do you if it was true.

My caution at this point would be that simply finding the same model tweeter for replacement might not ensure original performance. Now it could still be very good performance, but not necessarily as originally intended. That could only be determined by your own audition.
Pryso my thoughts are the same. However there's not much locally in columbus Ohio for $1500.00 dollars. So I have to take that into consideration as the thred started out my choices have come down to the SCIV $1500.00 or the old Acoustic Research AR9 speakers $1100.00 unless of course I come up with several hundred dollars for shipping.
Ok just got off the phone with the dealer and they have the exact tweeters for the SCIV's so that's a relief. The dealer even ordered an extra set for free since this deal has taken so long.